Jennifer M. Luther
“The law can offer multiple solutions to a single problem. I help clients analyze their options, and find the solution that is right for them.”
As an associate attorney with Stroud, Willink & Howard, LLC, Jennifer represents the firm’s clients in a wide-range of matters, including advising businesses and individuals in their business affairs and assisting clients when disputes arise. Additionally, Jennifer assists clients with their estate planning needs, and with various real estate transactions.
Jennifer grew up in nearby Edgerton, Wisconsin, and attended the University of Wisconsin as both an undergraduate and a law student. She graduated, cum laude, from law school in 2010. While in law school, Jennifer participated in Moot Court and was elected the Senior Note & Comment Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal.
Prior to joining Stroud, Jennifer spent almost five years working as an associate attorney in private practice, where she represented individuals, businesses and insurers in all aspects of litigation. Jennifer managed a diverse caseload while maintaining strong client relationships.
- Drafted motions, legal briefs, pleadings and discovery requests in a wide range of cases in both state and federal court at both the circuit and appellate court levels
- Participated in mediations and settlement negotiations on behalf of clients
- Assisted client in commercial real estate sale
- Prepared contractual agreements and business organization documents
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Corporate/Business Law
- Contract Drafting, Negotiation, and Review
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Real Estate
- The Prosecution of Sudanese President Al Bashir: Why a Security Council Deferral Would Harm the Legitimacy of the International Criminal Court, 27 Wis. Int’l L.J. 727 (Winter 2010).
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., Political Science, 2007)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2010); Moot Court Board; Wisconsin International Law Journal, Senior Note & Comment Editor; Mary Kelly Quackenbush Award for Best Student Article
- State of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
Community Involvement and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Legal Association for Women
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Coordinates the Jean North Falligant Memorial Scholarship, which is awarded each year to a graduating senior from Edgerton High School whose essay best characterizes a commitment to higher education and the spirit of learning
Hobbies and Interests
- Enjoys staying active and spending time outdoors with her husband and their Labrador retriever
- Participates in many local running events, and has recently completed several half-marathons
- She also enjoys traveling, and has a special fondness for Northern California’s wine country