Christopher M. D’Errico
Chris is an associate with Stroud, Willink & Howard. His practice focuses primarily on estate planning, trust and probate administration, in addition to elder law, guardianship, and Medicaid (Title XIX) planning matters. His extensive experience working with clients who are receiving public benefits (such as Medicaid and SSI) or who have family members receiving such benefits, allows him to advise clients and structure their estate plans with those unique issues in mind. In addition, his knowledge of the Medicaid rules and regulations allows him to counsel clients, faced with long-term care needs, through what can be an overwhelming process to obtain eligibility for such benefits.
Chris spent the first 21 years of his life growing up on Long Island and attending Providence College where he majored in Political Science and became a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science National Honor Society. Following his undergraduate career, Chris moved to Wisconsin to attend law school at Marquette University where he graduated cum laude and spent part of a summer working for the Dean of Marquette University Law School.
In his free time, Chris can be found on the golf course, watching his favorite sports teams (Mets, Packers, and Bucks), or spending time with his wife and two dogs.
- Assisted married clients working through the Medicaid system while preventing the spouse not needing long-term care from experiencing financial hardship.
- Second chaired a day and a half long contested guardianship hearing.
- Drafted estate plans for clients with children who have special needs or are on public benefits.
- Assisted clients with setting up WisPact Trusts.
- Prepared wills, trusts, and powers of attorney for a variety of clients.
- Assisted corporate trustee(s) with the early termination or modification of trust(s).
- Estate Planning
- Probate (Formal and Informal) and Trust Administration
- Elder Law – Guardianships and Medicaid (Title XIX) Planning and Applications
- Special Needs Planning
Speaking Engagements and CLE Presentations
- Estate Inventory and Final Accounting, National Business Institute, December 2020
- Presented to groups of financial advisors on a number of occasions providing education on Medicaid Planning and its impact on financial planning
- Marquette University Law School, JD 2017, cum laude
- Providence College, BA 2014, cum laude
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Wisconsin National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (WINAELA)
- Member of the Order of the Sons and Daughters of Italy (OSIA)