Monica A. Wedgewood
Monica represents family law clients in a variety of matters, including divorce, custody and placement, paternity, and support issues. She also assists her clients with related business matters, such as the sale, purchase, and refinancing of commercial and residential real estate, small business valuations, and family-owned business considerations.
Monica is committed to working with her clients to navigate challenging family situations and achieving the best possible financial outcomes.
Monica also represents individuals and businesses in commercial and business litigation disputes, including construction defects and property damage claims, contract and lease disputes, and general civil litigation matters. She helps her clients develop strategies to minimize their present and future exposure and understand potential outcomes. Monica has represented clients in dispositive motion proceedings, mediations, and in court, and strongly advocates for her client’s best interests at every stage of the dispute.
- Negotiated numerous custody, placement, and financial settlements for divorce clients.
- Obtained post-judgment modification of placement order in favor of an out-of-state parent.
- Successfully defended business owner against construction defect claims.
- Defended a national manufacturer in Dane County against a product defect claim.
- Divorce and Family Law
- Commercial and Business Litigation
Professional Achievements, Honors, and Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation and Family Law (2024)
- Named a Rising Star by Wisconsin Super Lawyers in business litigation (2017-2018, 2022)
- Named a 2018 “Up and Coming Lawyer” by the Wisconsin Law Journal
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (B.A., 2007)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D. and M.P.A., 2014)
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- The James E. Doyle Inn of Court
Community Involvement and Memberships
- Madison Public Library Foundation, former board member
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS), pro bono representation