Maria C. Sobrido
Maria has an extensive background in tech, including a variety of positions within a video game start-up and a legal tech company developing contract AI. She loves the innovation and outside-the-box thinking involved in working with entrepreneurs and brings a creative approach to problem solving to her practice.
While in law school, Maria was the Vice President of the Tech Law Student Association, an active member of the Latinx Law Student Association, and worked as a Student Attorney with the Law and Entrepreneurship Clinic.
Maria enjoys working with families in all manner of situations, including estate planning, real estate, divorce, custody and placement disputes, and handling general business issues in small businesses. When not in the office, Maria enjoys spending time with her three children and appreciating the vibrant Madison restaurant scene.
- Assisted clients in setting up non-stock corporations, cooperatives, and LLCs by preparing business formation documents
- Aided clients in estate planning, including drafting wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Assisted divorce clients in negotiating financial settlements and resolving custody and placement disputes
Professional Achievements, Honors, and Awards
- Narrated the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center Entrepreneurial How-To Video: Creating a Legal Entity for Your Business (December 2021)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Moderator of Working with Cooperatives in Wisconsin 2020 CLE
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2021
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, B.A., cum laude, 2011
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
Community Involvement and Memberships
United Way of Dane County, Business Volunteer Network member
Tech Gala I and II, Planning Chair